Phi Delta Epsilon believes in giving back to our global community. Our international philanthropic and service partner is Children’s Miracle Network (CMN) Hospitals. There are more than 170 Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals worldwide. Each year these hospitals treat 17 million children for every disease and injury imaginable. Collectively they impact the lives of more children than any other children's organization in the world.
Children’s hospitals are special places, graced with experts trained in the care and handling of small, fragile, sick and injured children. It is critical that we, as a society, support these islands of care because any child can get sick or become seriously injured. When they do, it is critical that there be a children’s hospital nearby.
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals
- Treat 98% of all children needing heart or lung transplants.
- Treat 88% of all children with cancer.
- Treat 76% of all children with cystic fibrosis.
- Treat 90% of all children with sickle cell anemia.
- Treat 72% of children with pediatric AIDS.
- Devote 60% of their services to children under age six and 25% to newborns.
- Train 60% of pediatricians and 80% of all pediatric specialists.
- Educate families about issues like child safety seats, helmet safety, and bicycle safety.
- Devote nearly a quarter of their care to newborns, who require the most intensive nursing and medical care of all patients.
- Provide $2.5 billion in charity (uncompensated) care each year.
Each PhiDE chapter partners with a local CMN Hospital to volunteer and fundraise. throughout the year through a variety of events from bake sales to 5K races. Some chapters have a signature event such as a Miracle Banquet or an Anatomy Fashion Show. As their current and future physicians, this organization is dear to our members.
To learn more about CMN Hospitals, visit CMNHospitals.org
Follow them on social media: twitter.com/cmnhospitals
facebook.com/cmnhospitals | instagram.com/cmnhospitals
The link to our Donor Drive page is www.helpmakemiracles.org/phide.